A Typical Training Day!

7:00-730 AM - Breakfast!

Wake up, rehydrate my freeze dried meal. Trying to get used to eating these as this is what I would be eating at the MDS. The flavors can be extreme as some taste really good and some taste like dogshit.

No automatic alt text available.
Chicken Curry!


Image may contain: food
Add Water


Image may contain: food
This was actually OK. 


Image may contain: foodImage may contain: drink and coffee cup
Don't forget coffee! The cup was a xmas present from my lovely sis.


730-8am - Getting all my gears ready

Even for a minimalist sport such as running, there's actually quite a lot of gears needed.

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: drink and indoor
Prepare my Tailwind. It's my choice for mid-run hydration. The powder includes energy and electrolyte packs together.

No automatic alt text available.
This is what I carry if I'm going for less than 15km run. Garmin Forerunner, Tailwind Visor and a belt pouch for my handphone (awesome gift from a friend!).


No automatic alt text available.
For a full pack run, meet FRIDAY. The name I give to my MDS backpack! Mainly because I usually do long full-packed run on Friday. At the moment, the pack is filled with a 5kg rice sack in order to simulate actual race day weight. 


9am - 2pm - Just keep running, just keep running

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing
Yup! I usually run around like this. Usually getting a lot of stares from many people. The timing was deliberately chosen to get maximum sun/heat in.


Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and natureImage may contain: one or more people, tree, sky, outdoor and nature
Usual Running Spot, admiralty/waterfront park. Woodlands




Image may contain: sky, outdoor and waterImage may contain: tree, outdoor and nature
Bedok Reservoir. Love this place. This was the place where I first got my 52km Ultra finish.



Image may contain: sky, shoes, cloud, tree, twilight, outdoor, nature and waterImage may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor, nature and water
From my house to Mandai road! Awesome views.


Image may contain: sky, cloud, grass, outdoor and natureImage may contain: grass, sky, outdoor and natureImage may contain: shoes, plant, outdoor and nature
Macritchie Reservior


The rest of the day- NUA!

My garmin report.



My backpack and packing up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Training plan

MDS and My story

What is the Marathon Des Sables?