Running for a cause.

I think it is a privilege to be able to help out the community while doing what I love. Marathon events have always been well known for raising fund for needy communities and raising awareness on various topics. Marathon Des Sables is no different. MDS have been a great supporter of UNICEF.

http://www.marathondessables.com/en/marathon-des-sables-maroc/solidarity-mds

I would also like to use this event as an opportunity to create childhood cancer awareness and raise funds for Children’s Cancer Foundation (CCF). Marathons have always been a good platform to promote awareness, the Marathon Des Sables is no different. The race organiser works closely and contribute to UNICEF. Thus, I wish to share the spirit of UNICEF "to defend the rights of children", by organising a fundraiser for a local charity organisation CCF. I've been working healthcare/pharmaceutical industry long enough to know the financial drain that cancer have on its victim and their families

Since its founding since 1992, CCF has helped more than 2800 children and their families at different stages of the illness. The mission of CCF is to improve the quality of life of its beneficiaries through enhancing their emotional, social and medical well-being. I hope to raise a minimum of $2600 ($10 for every kilometers clocked). I have attached the fundraising link to CCF’s donation page and also to my blog, which was created solely for this event. Do visit to find out more!

As the expenses of the event/trip are fully borne by my sponsors and myself, 100% of the gross donations will be donated to CCF. I would also like to thank "Sonic R Mastery" for partially sponsoring me and making this trip happens. Stay tune for more updates nearing to the race day! I sincerely thank every donors in advance for your awesome support!

Click to Donate!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Training plan

MDS and My story

What is the Marathon Des Sables?